If you are scheduling dental implant surgery, it’s important to prepare for your procedure properly to ensure the best possible results. Here’s some advice for ensuring everything goes smoothly.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the surgery–you won’t be able to drive yourself
- Make sure all your paperwork is taken care of, and all payments arranged.
- Arrange for time off work, probably 2-3 days. Not everyone needs time off work after dental implant surgery, but it’s better to have it set up and not need it than have to call in the day after your surgery.
- Fill any prescriptions and take any medications as instructed before surgery
- Most of the time, the procedure is performed using only local anesthesia, so feel free to eat before surgery.
- Do not apply makeup the day of your surgery. It’s okay to wear jewelry if you want, with the possible exception of piercings in the mouth, which you should talk to your doctor about.
- Wash and shave before surgery to reduce infection risk.
Overall, dental implant surgery is actually a relatively minor procedure that results in surprisingly little discomfort. If you are nervous about surgery beforehand, we can talk to you about sedation dentistry to help you achieve a relaxed state before surgery.
To learn more about dental implant surgery, please contact Miami Designer Smiles today for an appointment.