THE BENEFITS OF PORCELAIN VENEERS
There are three types of dentures available today:
- Economy Dentures: Economy dentures are the least expensive choice. They are very basic and are often sold as “same-day dentures.” They essentially are available in three sizes: small, medium and large.
- Traditional Dentures: Traditional dentures are the type of dentures that most general dentists make. They will usually fit better and look better than economy dentures but are not custom fit and may be uncomfortable and unhealthy over time.
- Neuromuscular Dentures: Neuromuscular dentures are the most customized denture available and are what we make at Miami Designer Smiles. They give you the best comfort, fit, function and aesthetics.
If you’re in the market to replace your missing teeth, you may have considered getting dentures. But before you decide on what type of denture you’re going to get, consider a few things about dentures as a tooth-replacement option:
1. Dentures should not just replace the teeth; they also need to replace how those teeth function in relation to the rest of the mouth.
2. Dentures don’t just have to look good when you’re smiling. They also have to function when biting and chewing and need to support and facilitate a healthy jaw position.
3. Dentures also need to support the cheeks and lips, as well as the muscles and tissues below them. This benefit helps you look attractive and more youthful even when you’re not smiling.
The Problem With Traditional Dentures
Don’t get us wrong — dentures can be instrumental for people who have lost their natural teeth. They allow many people to eat, chew and smile again after tooth loss. But, they can be hard to adjust to for some individuals, especially if they don’t fit correctly in the mouth.
If your dentures are not a good fit for your mouth — and body — they can create problems such as:
- Difficulty eating
- Difficulty speaking
- Mouth sores or infections
- Premature aging, especially around the mouth
- Bone and tissue loss
Another benefit to neuromuscular dentures is that they are more comfortable and appear more natural than traditional dentures because their design is based on form.
Many of our neuromuscular denture patients report that with their new dentures, they could once again eat normally, speak with confidence, and they both looked and felt younger!
Neuromuscular dentures are popular because they can also help enhance your facial appearance by supporting facial muscles. An added benefit to this is that supported facial muscles help support our face’s skin, keeping it tight and wrinkle-free.
This means that when you take your dentures out, your face will not shrink, your muscles will remain in place, and your appearance will not change — and you’ll feel great about your smile!