Miami and Coral Gables, Florida
Tooth bonding is a versatile treatment for tooth repair. It can be used for virtually any type of dental repair, and when you work with a skilled dentist, the results can be excellent. For many applications, dental bonding is the best treatment available, but it is not the best treatment for everyone.
This page contains basic information about the benefits of tooth bonding, but it cannot tell you if tooth bonding is right for you. The best way to learn if tooth bonding is the right procedure for your dental problem is to schedule a consultation with the Miami cosmetic dentists at Miami Designer Smiles.
Advantages of Tooth Bonding
Tooth bonding has a number of important advantages, including:
- Requires only one dental visit, compared to porcelain veneers, which require two
- Less expensive than porcelain restorations
In addition, bonding can be used as a tooth-colored filling material and has numerous advantages over silver amalgam fillings, including:
- It bonds to the tooth, making a tighter seal and ensuring bacteria do not migrate under the filling.
- Since dental bonding does not expand and contract as quickly as amalgam fillings when exposed to heat, there is less risk of stress fractures in the tooth.
- Dental amalgam fillings contain mercury, which is toxic, though the toxicity of dental amalgam fillings is poorly understood.
- Dental bonding is tooth colored, unlike dental amalgam, which begins silver and turns black.
All of these advantages make tooth bonding an excellent choice for a filling material and a good choice for restoring minor chips, cracks and gaps between teeth.
Why Choose Miami Designer Smiles
In many dental procedures, the appearance and longevity of your restorations depends largely on the skill and training of your cosmetic dentist. Your cosmetic dentist will rely on his or her professional judgment in selecting the proper restoration material, then use his or her technique in placing that restoration. This is even more crucial with respect to a technique like dental bonding, where the mixing of colors, the application of the layers of resin, and the sculpting of the resin are more an art than a science.
Both the cosmetic dentists at Miami Designer Smiles, Dr. Raul Garcia and Dr. Conchi Sanchez-Garcia, have received advanced cosmetic dentistry training at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. They have extensive experience in using tooth bonding to give great results to our patients.
To learn more about our cosmetic dentists and how they can help you, please contact Miami Designer Smiles and schedule a consultation. We proudly serve patients from Miami and Coral Gables, Florida, and the surrounding areas.