If you’re living with uneven gums, a “gummy” smile, puffy gums or teeth that look “too long,” the answer is yes, you’re a good candidate for gum recontouring.
Reshaping Gum Line
MINIMALLY INVASIVE LASER GUM PROCEDURES
Have you avoided the gum surgery you’ve wanted because you’re afraid it may be uncomfortable? While conventional gum-recontouring treatments used a scalpel, Miami Designer Smiles uses advanced laser technology to gently sculpt gum tissue to achieve beautiful smiles.
The laser treatment has wholly changed gum recontouring; lasers used for cosmetic treatment are precise and give you beautiful results.
As the laser cuts the gum tissue, it also seals the wound, minimizing the risk of infection and eliminating the need for stitches after the procedure.
Laser gum recontouring is performed in our Miami office. Before the procedure begins, the treatment area will be numbed using a topical agent. This approach is much gentler and less traumatic for patients than conventional surgical procedures and allows you to heal faster than standard surgical instruments.
Sed vestibulum elit eget nisi vehicula condimentum. Nunc ornare lacinia eros. Duis a enim eget enim enim enim enim consectetur ultrices sit amet at augue.
THE BENEFITS OF PORCELAIN VENEERS
Porcelain veneers have significant benefits, including their versatility, durability and long life with proper care. They can also help to cover cosmetic flaws such as:
- Discoloration or stains on the tooth enamel that do not respond to tooth whitening
- Minor crookedness of the smile or single teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Small gaps in the teeth
- Adding length to teeth that appear to be too small
Beautiful results can only be accomplished with high-quality materials. The porcelain we use at Miami Designer Smiles is highly durable and provides aesthetically exceptional results. We choose porcelain over a composite veneer due to it’s increased reliability and a more natural tooth enamel appearance. Our patients who choose porcelain veneers to correct their dental issues and improve the appearance of their smile report that they love their dental veneers because they look and feel just like their natural teeth.
But it’s not enough just to use high-quality materials; experience matters, too! We work with the best dental labs in Miami, including da Vinci, MAC and Williams Dental Lab. The porcelain veneers produced by these labs are hand-crafted for superior quality and beautiful, natural aesthetics, and are twice as strong as other brands. The labs we partner with use the most advanced technology and highly trained staff to produce the finest-quality porcelain veneers on the market.
PORCELAIN VENEERS WITH OTHER TREATMENTS
While porcelain veneers have the dynamic ability to treat multiple dental issues at once, our Miami cosmetic dentists will often recommend porcelain veneers combined with other cosmetic dentistry treatments as part of a smile makeover.
For example, porcelain veneers can be used after Invisalign tooth-straightening treatment, dental implants or other smile-restoration treatments. They can be used in combination with other dental-restoration solutions to complete and enhance the results of your cosmetic dentistry treatment.
To learn more, please see Questions About Porcelain Veneers.
Our online consults haven’t stopped! We are working hard to make sure your dental needs don’t have to wait! Connect with us today and get all of your questions answered for free in three easy steps.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PORCELAIN VENEERS?
As we mentioned above, porcelain veneers have significant benefits in covering cosmetic flaws in your smile such as stained teeth or small gaps. Veneers can also be easily combined with other cosmetic treatment options such as Invisalign and other smile-restoration options.
But, there are other advantages to porcelain veneers, including:
- Natural Appearance. Porcelain veneers look just like tooth enamel and can be matched to the rest of your smile.
- Gum Tissue Health. As porcelain is very similar to your tooth enamel, your gums tolerate the material well, keeping you comfortable.
- Stain Resistance. Porcelain veneers resist stains, which means your smile will look great for many years! Note: Porcelain veneers cannot be whitened.
- Less Reshaping. Porcelain veneers are bonded right over your existing teeth, but the process does require that some of your enamel be shaved down to accommodate the veneer. In most cases, this is .5 mm or less, which is less than what is taken off for a dental crown or dental bridges. So your natural teeth stay intact!
- More Protection. Porcelain veneers help to protect your natural tooth enamel. More protection for your tooth enamel means healthy teeth for you!
- Improved Oral Health. Taking care of your new veneers leads to better oral hygiene habits and overall greater oral health.
- Long-Lasting. Porcelain veneers last a long time with proper dental care, even up to 20 years! We recommend that you brush at least twice per day and floss at least once per day to prevent tooth decay and damage to your veneers and the natural teeth underneath them.
At Miami Designer Smiles we want you to stop hiding your smile. We believe that having a smile you are proud to show off can be life-changing. We’d love to help you find that inner confidence and self-esteem boost that comes with having a truly happy smile. Please call us to schedule a consultation today (305) 595-4616!
Our Veneer Process
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR GETTING PORCELAIN VENEERS?
- Your first step is a consultation appointment where we will discuss your desired changes in your smile and what kind of results you’re hoping to achieve. Feel free to bring in pictures of other smiles you admire! We will do an examination of your teeth and smile to ensure you are a candidate for porcelain veneers. This may include X-rays and we may possibly make impressions of your mouth.
- Your next appointment will begin the physical process of preparing your tooth for a veneer. We will slightly reshape the tooth by removing a small amount of enamel from all sides of the entire tooth to make room for the veneer. Your tooth structure will not be compromised. This process is minimally invasive and we provide a pain-free experience.
- We will then select the color and shade of your porcelain veneers and it’s translucency level to best match your surrounding teeth and give a bright and natural smile.
- Next, we make a mold impression of your teeth. This dental impression, along with the color and translucent level is then sent out to a top Miami dental laboratory, which will custom create your beautiful personal veneers. The laboratory process can take 1-4 weeks to complete. We may decide to provide temporary veneers to wear until your permanent porcelain veneers are ready.
- Your veneers are here! You are moments away from your new confident smile. We will first check the fit and comfort of your veneers and make any necessary adjustments.
- Time for bonding! First, we polish the original tooth and the surface of the veneer. Next, an etching gel is applied to the original tooth to prepare the tooth surface for bonding. After the gel has done its job it is wiped off and we will apply a bonding cement to the veneer and place it on your tooth in the proper position. A special blue light is used to activate the bonding chemicals and cause it to harden quickly.
- After a thorough clean up of your teeth and a good flossing, you’re ready to show the world your new smile!
- There is little to no recovery time. Mild sensitivity can occur for up to a week after the procedure. In two weeks at the follow-up appointment, we make sure your gums are healthy and the placement of the veneers is still accurate and precise.